CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Science week

It is Science week for teacher blogs and my focus this year.

   I just finished the science intro lesson I mentioned earlier and what a hit it was.  We had a blast learning about the notebooks and science.  When we were learning about the tools,  I grabbed the goggles and everyone was a junior scientist.  They were too cute!! 
     We are now in the middle of a weather unit that is mandated by our county.  Not very exciting but we are going to play Weather Jeopardy tomorrow, then include an observation in our notebooks.
     I kind of snuck in more science with our reading theme of All about Me. We are learning about the five senses.  Will post pictures tomorrow.
     My team is tasked with turning a current unit from a marking period into a STEM for All unit.  Need help locating some lesson ideas on the web for making a sound unit into a STEM unit.  Any suggestions are more than welcome.  Happy investigating and observing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment