CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Pickin's

     Hi y'all.  What a crazy 2 weeks it has been.  Started this blog as our daughter was getting ready to move, taking a sign language class, and getting ready to present at a professional development for our county.  What was I thinking??!!  Anyway, time to get this blog on course.
     As I mentioned, I like to go to yard sales on the weekend with my hubby.  This weekend was gloomy with intermitent rain but we perservered.  I managed to find 2 floor puzzles and a small 24 count Seuss puzzle for $2 total.  Also found wooden acorns to use in my counting jar and a tackle box/organizer for $1.  I am going to use that for the behavior coupons I found after I phase out my treasure box.  Need to deplete the treasure box/ B-Mart inventory first.The behavior coupons are found at :  http://seusstastic.blogspot.com/
One of the many coupons on her site.
      I should also say that I "pick" ideas from blogs and websites then make them my own by tweaking them just a bit.  Sometimes I just keep it the same because why fix it if it ain't broke.  I used some wonderful ideas for the 5 Senses from http://krazyforkindergarten.blogspot.com/search/label/5%20Senses
Here is what my class did:
I had fun making the bear with my card making supplies.  He is just TOO Cute!

This is the bear made using materials for the five senses.  Ended up using a 2 inch scallop punch for the ears and paws.  Definitely want something bigger for next year.  Had to go to the Dollar Store to find Big Red gum for the tongue. Good call on that one Rana.


Our county fair was this weekend so I tied in some writing about the fair with the five senses.  We wrote about what they would like to eat and included an opinion portion due to Common Core.

 Already ran out my first set of ink cartridges from my new printer-thanks to hubby for the printer.  Used them up printing the great apple work station ideas I purchased on Teachers Paying Teachers.  Great ideas from Deanna Jump's Apple unit and others I found there.  LOVE IT.  Will post pictures by Thursday.  Sorry folks but our conference day was cancelled due to furlough days so I am holding them before and after school as much as I can over the next few weeks. 

   It was Booksie who stole the cookies from the cookie jar!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment